Food security [electronic resource] / Mark Rosegrant.
- Los Angeles : SAGE, 2015.
- Sage knowledge.
SAGE library of international security.
SAGE library of international security
1 online resource.
- Food security.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Following years of complacency about food security and agriculture, world food prices began increasing in 2000 and currently remain well above long run trends. Research into this phenomenon reveals a highly complex and cross-disciplinary issue, which is fast becoming a defining feature of our times. Fuelled by a huge variety of interlinking factors, including rapid or improved economic growth, particularly in Asia and Africa, as well water scarcity, climate change, and the increasing demand for biofuels, the renewed urgency due to recent high food prices has focused much-needed attention on the challenges of food security. The articles in these volumes address the major challenges and debates around food security and the policies, investments, and technologies required to reduce or eliminate food insecurity.
- Part of the SAGE Knowledge collection.
Description based on information supplied on publisher's spreadsheet; title from spreadsheet (viewed on December 18, 2014).
- Rosegrant, Mark W., editor.
- 9781473915633 (ebook) :
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|