Afrocentric visions [electronic resource] : studies in culture and communication / edited by Janice D. Hamlet.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : SAGE, 1998.
- Sage knowledge.
1 online resource (xiv, 266 pages)
- African Americans -- Race identity.
African Americans -- Communication.
Afrocentrism -- United States.
African American arts.
African Americans in mass media.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- In this volume, editor Janice D. Hamlet has chosen essays which illuminate various aspects of African American culture, refracted through the lens of Afrocentric thought. The book examines: Afrocentric ideology and methodology; Afrocentric approaches to the dynamics of communication; the Afrocentric influence on the black aesthetic, with an examination of language, literature, oral tradition, movies and television; and the future of Afrocentric visions.
- Part of the SAGE Knowledge collection.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
- Hamlet, Janice D.
- Other format:
- Print version
- 9781483328386 (ebook) :
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|