Sites of memory in Spain and Latin America : trauma, politics, and resistance / edited by Aída Díaz de León, Marina Llorente, and Marcella Salvi.
- Lanham, Maryland : Lexington Books, 
vi, 177 pages ; 24 cm
- Memory -- Political aspects -- Spain.
Memory -- Political aspects -- Latin America.
Political atrocities -- Spain -- Historiography.
Political atrocities -- Latin America -- Historiography.
Government, Resistance to -- Spain -- Historiography.
Government, Resistance to -- Latin America -- Historiography.
Spain -- Politics and government -- Historiography.
Latin America -- Politics and government -- Historiography.
Spain -- Intellectual life.
Latin America -- Intellectual life.
- "Informed by the interdisciplinary methodology of cultural studies, Sites of Memory in Spain and Latin America is a significant addition to the growing corpus of studies in historical memory, particularly those reflecting issues concerning processes of historical memory in Hispanic societies. This collection is one of the few that covers a heterogeneous body of cultural products and social movements emerging in contemporary Spain and in the Latin American context spanning the pre-Columbian and colonial eras to the present"--Provided by publisher.
- I. Introduction
II. From the repertoire to the archive : memory in Chile after Pinochet
III. Literature as media of memory in Spain and Latin America
IV. The struggles of memory in the global market : Venezuela and Mexico
V. The palimpsest of memory : reconstructing race, culture, and religion from colonial times to the present in Peru, Mexico, and the Dominican Republic.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Díaz de León, Aída, editor.
Llorente, Marina, editor.
Salvi, Marcella, 1969- editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|