ZERO : countdown to the future / editorial: Mattijs Visser, Thekla Zell ; curator: Mattijs Visser ; exhibiition concept: Dr. Nazan Ölçer, Mattijs Visser, Sir Norman Rosenthal.
- Other Title:
- Countdown to the future
- İstanbul : AKBANK Sanat : Sabancı University Sakıp Sabancı Museum,  , ©2015
196 pages : illustrations (some color), portraits ; 24 x 27 cm
- Zero (Group of artists) -- Exhibitions.
Art, German -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.
Art, Modern -- 21st century -- Exhibitions.
Zero -- Künstlervereinigung.
Zero (Group of artists)
- Exhibition catalogs.
- "... presents the first large-scale survey in a Turkish museum dedicated to the history of the experimental German artists' group Zero (1957-66) and ZERO, an international network of artists that shared the group's aspiration to redefine and transform art in the aftermath of World War II. The exhibition featured work by the three core members of Group Zero--Heinz Mack, Otto Piene, and Günther Uecker--and by more than 40 artists from 10 countries who comprised the larger ZERO network, including Lucio Fontana, Yayoi Kusama, Yves Klein, Piero Manzoni, Jesús Rafael Soto, Jean Tinguely, and herman de vries. These artists found common cause in the desire to use novel materials drawn from everyday life, nature, and technology and to develop innovative techniques and formats such as room-scaled installations, kinetic artworks, and live art actions. Focusing on the points of intersection, exchange, and collaboration that define the ZERO artists' shared history, the exhibition is at once a snapshot of a specific group and a portrait of a generation. ZERO: Countdown to the Future celebrates the pioneering nature of ZERO art and the transnational vision advanced by this network of artists during a pivotal decade." -- Publisher's description.
- Preface / Suzan Sabancı Dinçer
preface / Dr. Nazan Ölçer
preface / Mattijs Visser
ZERO from Düsseldorf / Sir Norman Rosenthal
notes on ZERO / Wieland Schmied
group ZERO / Otto Piene
chronology / Thekla Zell
the new dynamic structure / Heinz Mack
the sahara project / Heinz Mack
resting restlessness / Heinz Mack
opening speech for the fontana ehibition / Otto Piene
paths to paradise / Otto Piene
on the purity of light / Otto Piene
untitled / Günther Uecker
on white / Günther Uecker
whiteness / Günther Uecker
my position in the battle between line and color / Yves Klein
free dimension / Piero Manzoni
interview with Heinz Mack / Hans Ulrich Obrist
interview ith otto piene / Hans Ulrich Obrist
interview with günther uecker / Hans Ulrich Obrist
ZERO today interview with daniel birnbaum / Mattijs Visser
works on display
- Catalog of an exhibition held in Sabancı University Sakıp Sabancı Museum, September 2, 2015 -- January 10, 2016.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
- Visser, Mattijs, editor.
Zell, Thekla, editor.
Sabancı University Sakıp Sabancı Museum, host institution.
Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|