Inheritance / Lan Samantha Chang.
- [Norton pbk. ed.].
- New York : W.W. Norton, 2005, ©2004.
302 ; 21 cm
- Sisters -- Fiction.
Betrayal -- Fiction.
Women -- China -- Fiction.
Women immigrants -- Fiction.
Military spouses -- Fiction.
Arranged marriage -- Fiction.
Mothers and daughters -- Fiction.
Chinese American women -- Fiction.
- Psychological fiction.
- In 1931, abandoned after their mother's suicide, the young Junan and her sister, Yinan, make a pact never to leave each other. The two girls are inseparable--until Junan enters into an arranged marriage and finds herself falling in love with her soldier husband. When the Japanese invade China, Junan and her husband are separated. Unable to follow him to the wartime capital, Junan makes the fateful decision to send her sister after him. Inheritance traces the echo of betrayal through generations and explores the elusive nature of trust.
- "Featuring a reading group guide"--Spine.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|