Kala : a multimedia presentation on time, December 1990 - February 1991 / director, Bappa Ray ; produced by Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts ; concept, Kapila Vatsyayan ; commentary written by Vijay S. Jodha.
- New Delhi : Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts, c1993.
1 videodisc (27 minutes) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Space and time.
Science -- Social aspects.
Science -- Philosophy.
- Documentary films.
- In English.
- System Details:
- DVD-R, PAL; full screen (1.33:1 aspect ratio) presentation.
video file DVD video PAL
- "The film documents on epoch making exhibition organized by IGNCA called "Kala" where one enters the state of timelessness that lies un-manifest. There after, from blinking of the eylid to the movement of the sun, the duration, sequence and movement of time are understood. The astrology's linkage of time and notion about the space within the celestial bodies form another highlight of the "Kala" theme. The film documents the cosmic elements portrayed through concept of manifest starting from un-manifest to the level of paintings and portrayals. Along side, it depicts duration of time in a day through the sun dial. It also reflects upon the various symbols of iconography and architecture and image and imagination of cosmic tree to understand wheel symbolizing the passage of time including Swastika. Thus this film in short highlights holistic vision of time and space starting its journey from un-manifestation state to its ever evolving manifestive dimensions within the content and context of time and space."--Container.
- Camera, Amarjeet Rajeev Menon; editor, Pramod Kumar; audiographer, Ayan Guhanthakurta
- Copyright notice on container: Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts, New Delhi.
Videodisc release of the short documentary motion picture produced in 1993.
- Ray, Bappa, film director.
Vatsyayan, Kapila, screenwriter.
Jodha, Vijay S., screenwriter.
Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts, film production company, film distribution company.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|