American folk, game & activity songs for children [electronic resource].
- Other Title:
- American, folk, game and activity songs for children
- Washington, D.C. : Smithsonian Folkways Recordings, p2000.
- Smithsonian global sound for libraries
- Sound recording
1 online resource.
- Children's songs -- Juvenile sound recordings.
Folk songs, English -- United States.
Games with music.
Songs, English -- United States.
- Local subjects:
- Ethnic music recordings, English -- United States.
- Sung in English.
- System Details:
- Mode of Access: World Wide Web.
- Bought me a cat
Jim crack corn
The train is a-coming
This old man
Frog went a-courting
Jim along Josie
There was a man and he was mad
Clap your hands
She'll be coming round the mountain
All around the kitchen
I know a little girl
I want to be a farmer
Skip to my Lou
Ring-around-the-rosy ; Here we go round the mulberry bush ; London Bridge
Pig in the parlor
New river train
Jolly is the miller.
- Pete Seeger, vocals, accompanying himself on the banjo.
- Children's songs, with associated dances and games.
Previously issued as American Folk Songs for Children (F 7601 (1953); SFW 45020 (1990)) (tracks 1-11), and American Game and Activity Songs for Children (F7674 (1962); SFW 45025 (1990)) (tracks 12-22).
Program notes, including instructions for some of the associated dances and games, discography, and lyrics (23 p.) inserted in original container.
Smithsonian Folkways: SFW 45056 (on original container:SFW CD 45056).
Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2009. (Smithsonian global sound for libraries). Available via World Wide Web.
- Alexander Street Press.
- Other format:
- SFW 45056
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|