The voice of Langston Hughes [electronic resource].
- Standardized Title:
- Poems. Selections
- Other Title:
- Subtitle on folded sheet: Selected poetry and prose read by the author
Spoken word recording
- Washington, DC : Smithsonian Folkways, p1995.
- Smithsonian global sound for libraries
- Sound recording
1 online resource.
- African Americans -- Fiction.
American poetry -- African American authors.
Songs -- United States.
Speeches, addresses, etc., American.
- System Details:
- Mode of Access: World Wide Web.
- Readings of 21 poems, songs, and stories selected from original recordings.
- The Negro speaks of rivers (:43)
I, too (:30)
The weary blues (1:37)
Homesick blues (:42)
The story of the blues (1:55)
Night and morn (:28)
Breath of a spiritual (:16)
Prayer meeting (:17)
Ma Lord (1:46)
I'm gonna testify (music by Jobe Huntley) (2:33)
Mother to son (:45)
The struggle (3:21)
Rhythms of the world (7:20)
Simple, intro. (2:31)
Feet live their own life (5:44)
Simple prays a prayer (1:42)
As I go (2:40) (music by Jobe Huntley) (2:40).
- Accompanying sheet includes bibliographical and program notes.
From his original Folkways recordings issued in the 1950s.
Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2009. (Smithsonian global sound for libraries). Available via World Wide Web.
- Berry, Faith.
Alexander Street Press.
- Other format:
- SF 47001
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|