Songs from the north / writer, director, Soon-mi Yoo ; producers, Soon-mi Yoo, Haden Guest.
- New York, NY : Kino Lorber, 
1 videodisc (73 min.) : sound, color with black & white sequences ; 4 3/4 in.
- Korea (North) -- Social life and customs.
- Documentary films.
Travelogues (Motion pictures)
- In Korean with subtitles and intertitles in English.
- System Details:
- DVD-R, NTSC, Region 1; widescreen (16:9 aspect ratio) presentation.
video file DVD video
- An essay film which offers a unique look at the enigma of North Korea, a country typically seen through the distorted lens of jingoistic propaganda and derisive satire. Interweaving footage from director Soon-Mi Yoo's three visits to North Korea, together with songs, spectacle, popular cinema and archival footage that tries to understand the psychology and popular imagery of the North Korean people.
- Cinematographer, editor, Soon-mi Yoo; music, Kim Il Sung ... [et al.].
- Videodisc release of the documentary motion picture produced in 2014.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Rosengarten Family Fund.
- Yoo, Soon-Mi, film producer, screenwriter, film director, film editor.
Guest, Haden, film producer.
Kim, Il-sŏng, 1912-1994, composer (expression)
Kino Lorber, Inc., publisher.
Rosengarten Family Fund.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|