Manuscript music book, circa 1829.
- circa 1829.
- Songs with keyboard instrument.
Music -- Manuscripts.
Operas -- Excerpts, Arranged.
Vocal scores with keyboard instrument.
Manuscripts, English -- 19th century.
- In English, French, German, Italian, Latin, and Portuguese.
- Collection of 165 copies of scores for voice and keyboard accompaniment consisting of songs such as ballads, pastorales, and modinhas; excerpts from operas such as those by Rossini and Mozart; and instrumental works for keyboard such as popular waltzes, glees, quadrilles, and hymns. Also includes works for 2-3 voices. Several songs include instructions for dance steps (for example, p. 65).The text is written in a single cursive hand and the notation is written upon a 5-line staff. Most of the manuscript has contemporary pagination (through p. 358); the last 19 leaves have occasional erratic pagination. There is an inscription on one of the final leaves that reads "John Hale Murray, Oct[obe]r 1829".
- Penn Provenance:
- Sold by Tomas G. Cummings, 2015.
- Cited as:
- UPenn Ms. Codex 1718.
- Murray, John Hale, former owner.
- Access Restriction:
- Access to this item is subject to staff review.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|