Hollywood : a novel of America in the 1920s / Gore Vidal.
- Modern Library edition
- New York : The Modern Library, 1999. , ©1999
xi, 558 pages ; 20 cm
- Motion picture industry -- California -- Los Angeles -- Fiction.
Hollywood (Los Angeles, Calif.) -- Fiction.
Motion picture industry.
California -- Los Angeles.
California -- Los Angeles -- Hollywood
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- "Originally published in 1990 by Random House, Inc."--verso of title page.
Contains a new introduction (pages [ix]-xi) by the author.
"Copyright ©1990,1999 by Gore Vidal"--verso of title page.
"The principal text of this Modern Library edition was set in a digitized version of Janson, a typeface that dates from about 1690 and was cut by Nicholas Kis, a Hungarian working in Amsterdam."
"'Hollywood' marks the fifth episode in Gore Vidal's 'Narratives of Empire,' his celebrated series of six historial novels that form his extended biography of the United States."--Dustjacket.
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copies 1 & 2 have dustjackets retained.
Gotham Book Mart Collection copies 1 & 2 have autographs of Gore Vidal.
- Penn Provenance:
- Vidal, Gore, 1925-2012 (autograph) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copies 1 & 2)
Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copies)
- Penn Chronology:
- Modern Library (Firm), publisher.
Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- Other format:
- Online version: Vidal, Gore, 1925-2012. Hollywood.
- 0679602925 :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|