Śṛṅgāravilāsa, circa 1700-1850. = शृङ्गारविलास, १७००-१८५०.
- Standardized Title:
- Bhāminīvilāsa. Selections
- circa 1700-1850.
1 item (14 leaves) : paper ; 10 x 24 cm.
- Love -- Religious aspects -- Hinduism.
Sex -- Religious aspects -- Hinduism.
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 18th century.
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 19th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 18th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 19th century.
- In Sanskrit (Devanāgarī)
- The second and largest of the four sections comprising the Bhāminīvilāsa, a treatise and compendium of sayings or maxims focused on different topics. While other sections focus on philosophy, ethics, morality, and other related topics, this section focuses on sexual and erotic love. The work draws from Hindu mythology by way of illustration and example.
- Title from colophon (f. 14r).
Written in 14 lines per leaf.
14 leaves foliated 1-14, upper left and lower right verso.
Colophon: iti śṛaṃgāravilāsaḥ // (f. 14r).
Mistakes covered in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; verse dividers highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line.
- Cited in:
- Listed in H.I. Poleman, Census of Indic Manuscripts in the United States and Canada (New Haven, Conn.: American Oriental Society, 1938), Poleman 2144 (UP 1569).
- Cited as:
- UPenn Ms. Coll. 390, Item 1569.
- Contained In:
- Collection of Indic Manuscripts. Item 1569
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|