Blood wedding = Bodas de sangre / Federico García Lorca ; in a new version by Ted Hughes.
- Standardized Title:
- Bodas de sangre. English
- Other Title:
- Bodas de sangre
- London : Faber and Faber, 1996.
72 pages ; 20 cm
- Spanish drama -- 20th century -- Translations into English.
- Translation of: Bodas de sangre.
- Lorca's Blood Wedding is a classic of twentieth-century theatre. The story is based on a newspaper fragment which told of a family vendetta and a bride who ran away with the son of the enemy family. Lorca uses it to investigate the subjects which fascinated him: desire, repression, ritual, and the constraints and commitments of the rural Spanish community in which the play is rooted. Ted Hughes's version stays close in spirit and letter to the original Spanish. With marvellous directness, he fuses Lorca's vision to his own, and the result is a powerful poetic text which captures all the violence and pathos of the play for an English-speaking audience.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copies 1 & 2)
- Penn Chronology:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Hughes, Ted, 1930-1998.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|