Zonk! [electronic resource].
- [San Francisco, California, USA] : Kanopy Streaming, 2014.
1 online resource (1 video file, approximately 52 min.) : digital, .flv file, sound
- Musicians -- South Africa.
Jazz -- South Africa.
Popular music -- South Africa.
- System Details:
- Mode of Access: World Wide Web.
- Following up on the success of African Jim, but with higher production values, Zonk! shows the extraordinary cultural range available to township Africans, from the many ethnic strains of music from South Africa itself to contemporary American jazz and popular music, eagerly copied and Africanized. Zonk! confirms that despite the poverty and degradation of township life, the human spirit could triumph through music, producing groups and individual performers of astonishing sophistication and polish, many of them closely modeled on African-American performers. Directed by Hyman Kiersten.
- Title from title frames.
Originally produced by Villon Films in 1950.
- Kiersten, Hyman, director.
- Publisher Number:
- 1084103 Kanopy
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|