Manuṭīkā. Adhyāya 8, circa 1700-1850. = मनुटीका. अध्याय ८, १७००-१८५०.
- Other Title:
- Manusmṛtiṭīkā. Adhyāya 8
- circa 1700-1850.
1 item (52 leaves) : paper ; 13 x 30 cm.
- Manu (Lawgiver). Mānavadharmaśāstra.
Rites and ceremonies -- India.
India -- Religious life and customs.
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 18th century.
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 19th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 18th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 19th century.
- In Sanskrit (Devanāgarī)
- Manuscript is a later copy of an 11th- or 12th-century commentary on the eighth chapter of the Manusmṛti, also known as the Mānavadharmaśāstra, a 1st-century work on Hindu law (dharma), rites, customs, and religious life of that period.
- Title from colophon (f. 52v); alternate title Manusmṛtiṭīkā from title page (f. 1r).
Written in 11-12 lines per leaf.
52 leaves foliated 1-52, lower right verso.
Manuscript was originally part of a larger manuscript that included Ms. Coll. 390, Item 1604, Item 1605, Item 1606, Item 1607, Item 1608, Item 1609, Item 1610, Item 1612, Item 1613, Item 1614, and Item 1615.
Colophon: iti śrībhaṭṭamādhavātmajagoviṃdarājaviracitāyāṃ manvāśayānu sāriṇyāṃ sarvavyavahāranirṇayo ṣṭaomo 'dhyāyaḥ samāptaḥ // (f. 52v).
Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; vertical margins marked with double red line.
- Cited in:
- Listed in H.I. Poleman, Census of Indic Manuscripts in the United States and Canada (New Haven, Conn.: American Oriental Society, 1938), Poleman 2911 (UP 1611).
- Cited as:
- UPenn Ms. Coll. 390, Item 1611
- Contained In:
- Collection of Indic Manuscripts. Item 1611
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|