Life in America; a special loan exhibition of paintings held during the period of the New York World's fair, April 24 to October 29 .
- Other records:
- New York [Scribner Press] 1939.
xxix pages, 1 leaf, 230 pages, 1 leaf illustrations (including portraits) 25 cm
- Painting, American -- Exhibitions.
Portraits, American -- Exhibitions.
United States -- History -- Pictorial works.
United States -- Social life and customs.
History in art.
History in art.
Manners and customs
- Illustrated works.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- List of lenders
Table of contents
Introduction: A visual account of life in America / Harry B. Wehle
Catalogue: Life in America for three hundred years
[Paintings of life in America]
- "A visual account of life in America", by H.B. Wehle: p. xv-xxix.
"10000 copies were printed by the Scribner Press under the direction of David Silve in April 1939."
"A visual account of life in America", by H. B. Wehle: p. xv-xxix.
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has dustjacket (torn at front and back) retained.
RBC copy presented to the Penn Libraries by Michael Zinman.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
Zinman, Michael (donor) (RBC copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Wehle, Harry B. (Harry Brandeis), 1887-1969.
Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
World’s Fairs and Expositions Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Wehle, Harry B. (Harry Brandeis), 1887-1969.
- Other format:
- Online version: Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York, N.Y.). Life in America.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|