From mulberry leaves to silk scrolls : new approaches to the study of Asian manuscript traditions / edited by Justin Thomas McDaniel and Lynn Ransom.
- Other Title:
- New approaches to the study of Asian manuscript traditions
- [Philadelphia] : The Schoenberg Institute for Manuscript Studies, University of Pennsylvania Libraries,  , ©2015
- Philadelphia : Distributed by University of Pennsylvania Press
- Conference Name:
- Lawrence J. Schoenberg Symposium on Manuscript Studies in the Digital Age (4th : 2011 : Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Lawrence J. Schoenberg studies in manuscript culture ; v. 1.
The Lawrence J. Schoenberg studies in manuscript culture ; volume 1
xii, 288 pages : color illustrations, color facsimiles ; 24 cm.
- Manuscripts -- Asia -- Congresses.
Manuscripts, Oriental -- Congresses.
Illumination of books and manuscripts, Asian -- Congresses.
Buddhist illumination of books and manuscripts -- Congresses.
Manuscripts, Chinese -- Congresses.
Codicology -- Congresses.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia.
- The characteristics of elephants : a Thai manuscript and its context / Hiram Woodward
Representations of space and place in a Burmese cosmology manuscript at the British Museum / Alexandra Green
Stories steeped in gold : narrative scenes of the decorative Kammavaca manuscripts of Burma / Sinéad Ward
Drawn to an "extremely loathsome" place : the Buddha and the power of the northern Thai landscape / Angela S. Chiu
Shifting modes of religiosity : remapping early Chinese religion in light of recently excavated manuscripts / Ori Tavor
Living with ghosts and deities in the Qin 秦 state : methods of exorcism from "Jie 詰" in the Shuihudi 睡虎地 manuscript / Daniel Sou
Spoken text and written symbol : the use of layout and notation in Sanskrit scientific manuscripts / Kim Plofker
Abbreviations in medieval astronomical and astrological manuscripts written in Arabic script / Sergei Tourkin
Creating a codicology of Central Asian manuscripts / Susan Whitfield
Providing access to manuscripts in the digital age / Peter M. Scharf.
- "Several of the essays in this volume were first presented at the Fourth Annual Lawrence J. Schoenberg Symposium on Manuscript Studies in the Digital Age, 'Writing the East: History and New Technologies in the Study of Asian Manuscript Traditions,' which was held October 21-22, 2011, at the University of Pennsylvania and the Free Library of Philadelphia"--Preface.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- RBC copy: dust jacket retained.
- Penn Chronology:
- McDaniel, Justin, editor.
Ransom, Lynn, editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|