Truman Capote's In cold blood / Columbia Pictures ; written for the screen and directed by Richard Brooks.
- Other Title:
- In cold blood
- Two-DVD special edition.
- [New York, N.Y.] : : The Criterion Collection, 
- Criterion collection; 781.
The Criterion collection ; 781
2 videodiscs (134 min.) : sound, black and white ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 fold-out insert.
- Hickock, Richard Eugene, 1931-1965 -- Drama.
Smith, Perry Edward, 1928-1965 -- Drama.
Murder -- Kansas -- Drama.
Criminals -- Drama.
Capote, Truman, 1924-1984 -- Film adaptations.
- Crime films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English with optional English subtitles for the hearing-impaired.
- System Details:
- DVD; NTSC; region 1 ; widescreen (2.35:1) presentation ; Dolby digital 5.1 surround.
digital optical 5.1 surround
video file DVD video
- A hard-hitting docu-drama about two ex-cons who ruthlessly murder a Kansas family in 1959 in order to steal their non-existent stash of money. Based on the novel by Truman Capote.
- disc one. [Feature]; trailer
disc two. Special edition features.
- Robert Blake, Scott Wilson, John Forsythe, Jeff Corey, Paul Stewart, Gerald S. O'Loughlin, Will Geer.
- Director of photography, Conrad Hall ; editor, Peter Zinner ; music, Quincy Jones.
- Based on the book by Truman Capote.
DVD release of the 1967 motion picture.
Widescreen (2.35:1 aspect ratio).
Special features: new interview with cinematographer John Bailey about director of photography Conrad Hall's work in the film; new interview with film historian Bobbie O'Steen on the film's editing; new interview with film critic and jazz historian Gary Giddins about Quincy Jones's music for the film; new interview with writer Douglass K. Daniel on director Richard Brooks; interview with Brooks from a 1988 episode of the French television series Cinéma cinemas; With Love from Truman, a short 1966 documentary featuring novelist Truman Capote, directed by Albert and David Maysles; two archival NBC interviews with Capote: one following the author on a 1966 visit to Holcomb, Kansas, and the other conducted by Barbara Walters in 1967; trailer; An essay by critic Chris Fujiwara on fold-out insert.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Class of 1953 Fund.
- Brooks, Richard, 1912-1992, film director, screenwriter., Director, Screenwriter
Blake, Robert, 1933- actor., Actor
Forsythe, John, 1918-2010, actor., Actor
Wilson, Scott, 1942-2018, actor., Actor
Corey, Jeff, 1914-2002, actor., Actor
Stewart, Paul, 1908-1986, actor., Actor
O'Loughlin, Gerald S., actor., Actor
Geer, Will, actor., Actor
Jones, Quincy, 1933- , Composer
Zinner, Peter. , Editor
Hall, Conrad, director of photography., Cinematographer
Columbia Pictures, production company., Producer
Criterion Collection (Firm), publisher., Publisher
Class of 1953 Fund.
- Publisher Number:
CC2549D The Criterion Collection
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|