Selected poems by Stephen Spender [sound recording] / read by Stephen Spender; directed by Arthur Luce Klein.
- Standardized Title:
- Poems. Selections
- [New Rochelle, N.Y.] : Spoken Arts, [c1983]
- Sound recording
1 audiocassette (52 min., 4 sec.) : analog
- Spender, Stephen, 1909-1995. Poems. -- Selections
Poetry, Modern -- 20th century.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- First poems, 1939-1947: Souvenir de Londres. The Prisoners. The Truly great. The Express. The Landscape near an aerodrome. Not palaces
Later poems, 1939-1947: Song. The Double shame. The War god. In Attica. To my daughter. Nocturne. Subject:Object:Sentence. Earth-treading stars that make dark heaven light. One more new botched beginning. If it were not for that.
- Read by the author, each poem preceded by a spoken introduction.
- Date from insert.
- Local notes:
- Presented to the Penn Libraries in 2014 by David Azzolina.
- Penn Provenance:
- Azzolina, David S. 1957- (donor)
Azzolina, David S., 1957- (donor)
- Penn Chronology:
- Klein, Arthur Luce.
- Publisher Number:
- SAC 7136-M Spoken Arts
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|