Jackets [electronic resource] : or, The secret hand / Edward Bond.
- London : Bloomsbury, c2013.
- Drama Online.
1 online resource.
- System Details:
- Mode of Access: World Wide Web.
- 'Jackets' sets out a resonant and poetic counterpoint between two scenes of martyrdom, a powerful dyadic commentary on the politics of sacrifice, with Part One set in eighteenth-century Japan and Part Two in modern Europe. The play produces detailed and human portraits, the force of its argument emerging from their vividly drawn responses and the potent interaction between its two parts. Derived from 'The Village School' scene of Sugawaraby Takeda Zumo, 'Jackets' premiered in 1989 at Lancaster University.
- Originally published: in print in Plays five. London: Methuen Drama, 1996.
Description based on online resource; title from home page (viewed on Feb. 25, 2013).
- Bond, Edward.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|