Rise and fall of the city of Mahagonny [electronic resource] / Bertolt Brecht ; translated by Steve Giles ; edited and introduced by Steve Giles ; general editor, Tom Kuhn.
- Standardized Title:
- Aufstieg und Fall der Stadt Mahagonny. English
- London : Methuen Drama, 2007.
- Drama Online.
Methuen modern plays
Methuen Drama modern plays
1 online resource.
- Translated from the German.
- System Details:
- Mode of Access: World Wide Web.
- This play chronicles the development and demise of the 'paradise city' of Mahagonny in a series of tableaux capturing the baser aspects of human nature. Three criminals create the city in order to trap money: it is a place of pleasure, where no-one works, everyone drinks, gambles, brawls and visits prostitutes, and all that matters is whether you can pay your way. A hurricane passing dangerously close to the city encourages complete lawlessness and debauchery, and soon the raving, delirious city destroys itself.
- Description based on print version record.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Giles, Steve.
- Other format:
- Print version
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|