European Union [electronic resource] : Publication of Financial Sector Assessment Program Documentation—Technical Note on Deposit Insurance.
- Washington, D.C. : International Monetary Fund, 2013.
- IMF eLibrary
IMF Staff Country Reports; Country Report No. 13/66.
IMF Staff Country Reports; Country Report No. 13/66
- Government document
1 online resource (16 p.)
- Local subjects:
- Bank branches.
Bank insolvency regimes.
Bank insurance fund.
Bank of slovenia.
Banks balance sheets.
Deposit guarantee schemes.
Deposit insurance coverage.
Deposit insurance scheme.
European Economic and Monetary Union.
Federal deposit insurance.
Financial safety net.
Financial Sector Assessment Program.
Level playing field.
Systemic banking crises.
- This article is an overview of existing deposit insurance in the European Union. There are various national deposit schemes that form the source of insurance. The schemes come up with various coverage, contributions, and fund sizes. The recent financial crisis has brought about a change in the coverage system. The main intention of this insurance is to enhance financial stability. The role of this insurance varies both within the EU and worldwide. This insurance is important to sustain financial integration and internal functioning.
- Description based on print version record.
- International Monetary Fund. Monetary and Capital Markets Department
- Other format:
- Print Version:
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|