Prāyaścitta, circa 1700-1850. = प्रायश्चित्त, १७००-१८५०.
- circa 1700-1850.
1 item (257 leaves) : paper ; 11 x 25 cm.
Rites and ceremonies -- India.
- Manuals (instructional materials)
Tables of contents.
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 18th century.
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 19th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 18th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 19th century.
- In Sanskrit (Devanāgarī)
- Work on Hindu law (dharma) related to the performance of atonement rites. There is a table of contents at the end of manuscript (Part 2, f. 1-6).
- Title from colophon (f. 251r).
Written in 10 lines per leaf.
257 leaves foliated (Part 1) 1-251, (Part 2) 1-6, upper left and lower right verso.
Colophon: iti śrīhemādrau prāyaścittādhyāye sarvaprāyaścittaṃ samāptaṃ (f. 251r).
Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; some significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red; vertical margins marked with triple black line. Paper treated with yellow powder to protect manuscript from insects.
Watermarks of a coat of arms and the name J. Whatman.
Wooden board with beveled edges supports the manuscript. The name Śrīgaṇeśa is written on the board along with some other illegible words.
- Cited in:
- Listed in H.I. Poleman, Census of Indic Manuscripts in the United States and Canada (New Haven, Conn.: American Oriental Society, 1938), Poleman 2984 (UP 1640).
- Cited as:
- UPenn Ms. Coll. 390, Item 1640.
- Contained In:
- Collection of Indic Manuscripts. Item 1640
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|