Finance & Development, December 2000 [electronic resource]
- Washington, D.C. : International Monetary Fund, 2000.
- IMF eLibrary
Finance & Development
- Government document
1 online resource (66 p.)
- Local subjects:
- Bank supervisors.
- This paper describes the need to broaden the agenda for poverty reduction. The broadening of the agenda follows from a growing understanding that poverty is more than low income, a lack of education, and poor health. The poor are frequently powerless to influence the social and economic factors that determine their well being. The paper highlights that a broader definition of poverty requires a broader set of actions to fight it and increases the challenge of measuring poverty and comparing achievement across countries and over time.
- Description based on print version record.
- International Monetary Fund. External Relations Department.
- Other format:
- Print Version:
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|