Finland [electronic resource] : Selected Issues.
- Washington, D.C. : International Monetary Fund, 1999.
- IMF eLibrary
IMF Staff Country Reports; IMF Staff Country Report No. 99/122.
IMF Staff Country Reports; IMF Staff Country Report No. 99/122
- Government document
1 online resource (40 p.)
- Local subjects:
- Capital expenditures.
Central government expenditure.
Composition of expenditure.
Expenditure management system.
Labor force developments.
Labor force growth.
Labor force participation.
Low unemployment rate.
Medium-term expenditure framework.
Medium-term expenditure frameworks.
Private sector employment.
Public expenditure control.
Public expenditure policies.
Public sector employment.
Terms of employment.
Total public expenditure.
- This Selected Issues paper outlines Finland’s experience in the field of public expenditure policies, illustrates alternative medium-term approaches to fiscal policy, and discusses prospects for efficient expenditure management in the future. The paper illustrates the evolution of public expenditures from the creation of the welfare state to the crisis of the early 1990s. It discusses the post-crisis consolidation process, including the institutional reforms that facilitated adjustment. The paper also illustrates the future challenges and policy trade-offs in the context of alternative long-term scenarios.
- Description based on print version record.
- International Monetary Fund
- Other format:
- Print Version:
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|