Canada [electronic resource] : 2007Article IV Consultation: Staff Report; and Public Information Notice on the Executive Board Discussion.
- Washington, D.C. : International Monetary Fund, 2007.
- IMF eLibrary
IMF Staff Country Reports; Country Report No. 07/51.
IMF Staff Country Reports; Country Report No. 07/51
- Government document
1 online resource (34 p.)
- Local subjects:
- Article IV consultation reports.
Inflation targeting framework.
Terms of trade.
- This 2007Article IV Consultation highlights that after surging in the first quarter of 2006, real GDP growth in Canada slowed subsequently, in part reflecting a cooling in the United States. Domestic demand remained the main driver of the economy, with private consumption expanding a robust 33⁄4 percent and business investment growing 8 percent. Financial sector performance remained strong in 2006, largely reflecting continuing benign global market conditions. Long-term interest rates remained low despite monetary tightening, as did spreads on private instruments, reflecting default rates that continue to be low.
- Description based on print version record.
- International Monetary Fund
- Other format:
- Print Version:
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|