Fiscal Management of Scaled-Up Aid [electronic resource] Gupta, Sanjeev.
- Washington, D.C. : International Monetary Fund, 2007.
- IMF eLibrary
IMF Working Papers; Working Paper No. 07/222.
IMF Working Papers; Working Paper No. 07/222
- Government document
1 online resource (64 p.)
- Local subjects:
- Administrative classification of expenditure.
Central government budget.
Classification of expenditure.
Classification of expenditures.
Composition of public spending.
Efficiency of government expenditures.
Expenditure management reform.
Expenditure tracking surveys.
Fiscal affairs department.
Fiscal policy expenditure.
Fiscal policy formulation.
Fiscal policy framework.
Fiscal policy response.
Foreign interest payments.
Managing public expenditure.
Medium-term expenditure framework.
Medium-term expenditure frameworks.
Medium-term fiscal framework.
Medium-term fiscal frameworks.
Medium-term fiscal projections.
Public expenditure management.
Public expenditure management reform.
Public expenditure review.
Public expenditure reviews.
Public expenditure tracking.
Public expenditure tracking surveys.
Public financial management.
Sustainable fiscal balance.
Congo, Democratic Republic of the.
- This paper discusses the role of fiscal policy and fiscal institutions in managing scaled-up aid. In an environment of volatile scaled-up aid, fiscal policy formulation should be anchored in medium-term frameworks, incorporating a longer-term view of potential resource availability and spending plans. There is merit in smoothing expenditures over time so that all programs are adequately funded. The paper argues that wage-bill ceilings should be used in Fund-supported programs only in exceptional cases. The paper also discusses basic reforms for strengthening public financial management systems for effective utilization of scaled-up aid flows.
- Description based on print version record.
- Adenauer, Isabell.
- Other format:
- Print Version:
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|