Cross-Border Coordination of Prudential Supervision and Deposit Guarantees [electronic resource]
- Washington, D.C. : International Monetary Fund, 2008.
- IMF eLibrary
IMF Working Papers; Working Paper No. 08/283.
IMF Working Papers; Working Paper No. 08/283
- Government document
1 online resource (26 p.)
- Local subjects:
- Bank capital.
Banking system stability.
Deposit guarantee schemes.
Financial crisis management.
Global financial crisis.
International banking supervision.
Level playing field.
Liquidity of banks.
Prudential regulation and supervision.
Social safety nets.
Systemic banking crisis.
- The scramble to expand deposit guarantees in Europe in response to recent financial turmoil confirms that the on-going integration of European financial markets requires closer coordination of prudential policies and financial safety nets. We study the optimal design of prudential supervision and deposit guarantee regulations in a multi-country, integrated banking market such as the European Union, where policy-makers have either similar or asymmetric preferences regarding profitability and stability of the banking sector. The paper concludes with recommendations on policy priorities in this area.
- Description based on print version record.
- International Monetary Fund
- Other format:
- Print Version:
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|