The Gambia [electronic resource] : Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper: Second Annual Progress Report.
- Washington, D.C. : International Monetary Fund, 2006.
- IMF eLibrary
IMF Staff Country Reports; Country Report No. 06/396.
IMF Staff Country Reports; Country Report No. 06/396
- Government document
1 online resource (53 p.)
- Local subjects:
- Access to services.
Children per woman.
Contraceptive prevalence rate.
Infant mortality rate.
Maternal mortality rate.
Maternal mortality ratio.
Medium term expenditure.
Medium term expenditure framework.
Population growth rate.
Poverty reducing expenditures.
Poverty Reduction Strategy Papers.
Public expenditure management.
Public expenditure reform.
Public expenditure review.
Sexually transmitted infection.
Sexually transmitted infections.
Total fertility rate.
- The economic performance has been positive as tight macroeconomic policies prevailed, helped by a remarkable revenue mobilization effort. None of the key indicator targets were met. Fiscal performance improved, but there was an increase in the overall fiscal deficit. Monetary policy was also less expansionary. Efforts were sustained to strengthen the justice delivery system. The long-term goal is to eradicate poverty by significantly increasing the national income, through stable economic growth, and reducing income and non-income inequalities through specific poverty-reduction priority interventions.
- Description based on print version record.
- International Monetary Fund
- Other format:
- Print Version:
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|