Malta [electronic resource] : 2008 Article IV Consultation: Staff Report; Public Information Notice on the Executive Board Discussion; and Statement by the Executive Director for Malta.
- Washington, D.C. : International Monetary Fund, 2008.
- IMF eLibrary
IMF Staff Country Reports; Country Report No. 08/276.
IMF Staff Country Reports; Country Report No. 08/276
- Government document
1 online resource (51 p.)
- Local subjects:
- Administered price.
Article IV consultation reports.
Balance of payments.
Competitive global environment.
Current account balance.
Current account deficit.
Current account surplus.
Exchange rate regime.
External debt sustainability.
Gross capital formation.
Net external debt.
Nominal interest rate.
Public sector debt.
Terms of trade.
Total external debt.
- This 2008 Article IV Consultation highlights that Malta has experienced a three-year-long expansion reflecting strong foreign direct investment, export diversification, and value-added upgrading. Financial soundness indicators held up in 2007 despite unfavorable international developments. The banking sector’s liquidity and funding profile are healthy, and banks have remained profitable despite markdowns in security portfolios. Nonperforming loans fell further but are still comparatively high and thinly provisioned. The authorities are unbundling and opening to private participation the fuel and gas operations of the public energy company.
- Description based on print version record.
- International Monetary Fund
- Other format:
- Print Version:
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|