Sri Lanka [electronic resource] : 2007 Article IV Consultation: Staff Report; Staff Supplements; Public Information Notice on the Executive Board Discussion; and Statement by the Alternate Executive Director for Sri Lanka.
- Washington, D.C. : International Monetary Fund, 2007.
- IMF eLibrary
IMF Staff Country Reports; Country Report No. 07/373.
IMF Staff Country Reports; Country Report No. 07/373
- Government document
1 online resource (71 p.)
- Local subjects:
- Account deficits.
Article IV consultations.
Balance of payments.
Current account balance.
Current account deficit.
Current account deficits.
Debt management strategy.
Debt service payments.
Debt sustainability analysis.
Fiscal deficit target.
Medium-term debt sustainability.
Private sector borrowing.
Public and publicly guaranteed.
Public and publicly guaranteed debt.
Total external debt.
- The staff report for the 2007 Article IV Consultation on Sri Lanka highlights economic growth development and performance. Rising inflation, a high current account deficit, and low unemployment rate indicate that the economy may be operating at full capacity. High stock of public debt, rising near-term debt service needs, and a low level of reserves point to elevated external vulnerabilities. A more determined fiscal consolidation is essential for demand management and debt sustainability. Greater flexibility in the exchange rate is essential to safeguard reserves.
- Description based on print version record.
- International Monetary Fund
- Other format:
- Print Version:
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|