Austria [electronic resource] : 2010 Article IV Consultation: Staff Report; Staff Statement; Public Information Notice on the Executive Board Discussion; and Statement by the Executive Director for Austria.
- Washington, D.C. : International Monetary Fund, 2010.
- IMF eLibrary
IMF Staff Country Reports; Country Report No. 10/276.
IMF Staff Country Reports; Country Report No. 10/276
- Government document
1 online resource (49 p.)
- Local subjects:
- Accounting period.
Article IV consultation reports.
Imports of goods.
Net interest margin.
Return on assets.
Return on equity.
Tier 1 capital.
- Austria’s recession had limited effects on unemployment. Investment declined sharply but consumption helped cushion the recession, supported by tax cuts and various labor market measures together with large increases in real wages. Austria’s fiscal position has weakened significantly in recent years, although to a lesser extent than the euro area average. The authorities’ plan to embark on a decisive fiscal consolidation path is welcomed. They recognized, however, that reducing the share of foreign exchange loans, while providing continued financing to central and southeastern Europe, will be challenging.
- Description based on print version record.
- International Monetary Fund
- Other format:
- Print Version:
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|