Finland [electronic resource] : 2010 Article IV Consultation: Staff Report; Staff Statement; Public Information Notice on the Executive Board Discussion; and Statement by the Executive Director for Finland.
- Washington, D.C. : International Monetary Fund, 2010.
- IMF eLibrary
IMF Staff Country Reports; Country Report No. 10/273.
IMF Staff Country Reports; Country Report No. 10/273
- Government document
1 online resource (94 p.)
- Local subjects:
- Article IV consultation reports.
Bank balance sheet.
Banking sector stability.
Capital adequacy ratio.
Fiscal adjustment efforts.
Fiscal policy formulation.
Level playing field.
Long-term fiscal sustainability.
Primary fiscal deficit.
Return on assets.
Return on equity.
Tier 1 capital.
- Owing to the high dependence of its exports on countries and commodities, Finland experienced the worst recession in the euro area. Executive Directors encouraged authorities to focus on improving bank cost efficiency, preventing excessive risk taking, and limiting liquidity and funding risks. Directors welcomed the establishment of the Nordic-Baltic Stability Group, and stressed the need to strengthen the effectiveness of cross-border supervision and crisis management arrangements. Directors welcomed structural reforms and also emphasized the need of a strong fiscal consolidation to secure fiscal sustainability.
- Description based on print version record.
- International Monetary Fund
- Other format:
- Print Version:
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|