Republic of Palau [electronic resource] : 2003 Article IV Consultation—Staff Report; and Public Information Notice on the Executive Board Discussion.
- Washington, D.C. : International Monetary Fund, 2004.
- IMF eLibrary
IMF Staff Country Reports; Country Report No. 04/85.
IMF Staff Country Reports; Country Report No. 04/85
- Government document
1 online resource (40 p.)
- Local subjects:
- Article IV consultations.
Medium-term fiscal sustainability.
Public financial management.
Public sector wage bill.
- The Republic of Palau is a small island economy, heavily dependent on tourism and external assistance. Economic growth has been modest in the last few years and inflation is low. The authorities launched a wide range of reform initiatives since 2001, but several important ones have stalled in the legislative process. Although the banking regulatory framework still needs improvements for effective implementation, a tax reform package, a new foreign investment law, a statistics law, and proposals related to streamlining the executive and legislative branch have not yet been enacted.
- Description based on print version record.
- International Monetary Fund
- Other format:
- Print Version:
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|