Guatemala [electronic resource] : First Review Under the Stand-By Arrangement and Requests for Modification of Performance Criterion and Consultation Clause: Staff Report; Staff Supplement; Press Release on the Executive Board Discussion; and Statement by the Executive Director for Guatemala.
- Washington, D.C. : International Monetary Fund, 2009.
- IMF eLibrary
IMF Staff Country Reports; Country Report No. 09/305.
IMF Staff Country Reports; Country Report No. 09/305
- Government document
1 online resource (42 p.)
- Local subjects:
- Amortization payments.
Balance of payments.
Current account balance.
Current account deficit.
Flexible exchange rate policy.
Medium-term debt sustainability.
Monetary policy transmission mechanism.
Open market operations.
Performance criteria modifications.
Private sector debt.
Private sector debts.
Public sector debt.
Stand-by arrangement reviews.
Total external debt.
- This paper discusses key findings of the First Review Under the Stand-By Arrangement for Guatemala. The fiscal deficit is increasing owing to a sharp decline in revenues, associated with the contraction in imports and domestic demand. The policy interest rate has been cut. All quantitative performance criteria through June have been met. Inflation has fallen below the consultation band set in the program, triggering a consultation with IMF staff. Fiscal policy needs to continue striking a balance between avoiding a procyclical stance and maintaining debt sustainability.
- Description based on print version record.
- International Monetary Fund
- Other format:
- Print Version:
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|