Mexico [electronic resource] : Report on the Observance of Standards and Codes: FATF Recommendations for Anti-Money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorism.
- Washington, D.C. : International Monetary Fund, 2005.
- IMF eLibrary
IMF Staff Country Reports; Country Report No. 05/436.
IMF Staff Country Reports; Country Report No. 05/436
- Government document
1 online resource (26 p.)
- Local subjects:
- Account number.
Bank secrecy laws.
Combating the financing of terrorism.
Complete originator information.
Counter terrorist financing.
Criminal justice measures.
Criminal law enforcement.
Cross border transactions.
Customer identification information.
Customer identification policies.
Customer identification procedures.
Customer identification requirements.
Financial intelligence unit.
Financing of terrorism.
Foreign exchange offices.
Large cash transactions.
Law enforcement agencies.
Law enforcement authorities.
Legal assistance requests.
Money laundering cases.
Money laundering charges.
Money laundering investigations.
Money laundering issues.
Money laundering offence.
Record keeping requirements.
Reports on the Observance of Standards and Codes.
Suspicious transaction reports.
Terrorist financing cases.
Terrorist financing measures.
Transaction reporting requirements.
- This report assesses the Observance of Standards and Codes on the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) Recommendations for Anti-Money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) for Mexico. The report highlights that Mexico has removed specific exemptions to customer identification obligations, implemented online reporting forms and a new automated transmission process for reporting transactions to the financial intelligence unit. Financial institutions with a reporting obligation (reporting institutions) now require occasional customers performing transactions equivalent to or exceeding US ,000 in value to be identified so that the transactions can be aggregated daily.
- Description based on print version record.
- International Monetary Fund
- Other format:
- Print Version:
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|