Republic of Mozambique [electronic resource] : Third Review Under the Poverty Reduction and Growth Facility — Staff Report and News Brief.
- Washington, D.C. : International Monetary Fund, 2001.
- IMF eLibrary
IMF Staff Country Reports; Country Report No. 01/179.
IMF Staff Country Reports; Country Report No. 01/179
- Government document
1 online resource (54 p.)
- Local subjects:
- Actual expenditures.
Balance of payments.
Classification of expenditure.
Classification of expenditures.
Current account deficit.
Debt management operations.
Debt service payments.
Expenditure classification system.
External debt service.
External payments arrears.
External public debt.
General resources account.
Improving expenditure control.
Public and publicly guaranteed.
Public expenditure classification.
Public expenditure review.
Public financial management.
Total external debt.
Traditional debt-relief mechanisms.
- Mozambique showed commendable economic performance owing to its strong policy implementation, under the Poverty Reduction and Growth Facility (PRGF) Arrangement. Executive Directors welcomed this development, and stressed the need for macroeconomic stability, tightening of fiscal and monetary policies, and accelerating structural reforms. They welcomed the plan of not recapitalizing the commercial bank Banco Austral (BA), and emphasized the need for effective banking supervision. They agreed that the country has successfully completed the third review under the PRGF Arrangement, and approved concessional assistance.
- Description based on print version record.
- International Monetary Fund
- Other format:
- Print Version:
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|