Japan [electronic resource] : 2001 Article IV Consultation-Staff Report; Staff Statement; and Public Information Notice on the Executive Board Discussion.
- Washington, D.C. : International Monetary Fund, 2001.
- IMF eLibrary
IMF Staff Country Reports; Country Report No. 01/144.
IMF Staff Country Reports; Country Report No. 01/144
- Government document
1 online resource (66 p.)
- Local subjects:
- Bank balance sheet.
Bank of japan.
Banking sector problems.
Banks balance sheets.
Deposit insurance coverage.
Foreign exchange market.
Return on assets.
Tier 1 capital.
- The new government in Tokyo has a window of opportunity to address the deep-seated structural problems that lie at the root of Japan's lackluster economic performance over the past decade. The government has appropriately identified banking sector problems as a top priority. Broader reforms are needed to strengthen the regulatory framework and lay the basis for a sound banking system. In the near term, fiscal policy should remain responsive to changing economic circumstances. Enhancing the transparency of the monetary policy framework is required.
- Description based on print version record.
- International Monetary Fund
- Other format:
- Print Version:
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|