Ireland [electronic resource] : 2001 Article IV Consultation-Staff Report and Public Information Notice on the Executive Board Discussion.
- Washington, D.C. : International Monetary Fund, 2001.
- IMF eLibrary
IMF Staff Country Reports; Country Report No. 01/139.
IMF Staff Country Reports; Country Report No. 01/139
- Government document
1 online resource (55 p.)
- Local subjects:
- Aggregate demand.
Compensation of employees.
Cyclical fiscal policy.
Discretionary fiscal policy.
General government expenditure.
Increase in capital spending.
Medium- term fiscal framework.
Medium-term fiscal framework.
Public sector wage.
Public sector wages.
- The performance of the Irish economy has been impressive. The outlook is broadly favorable, but there are risks to achieving a smooth transition to a sustainable rate of growth. The government's reform of the tax structure is commendable. To sustain high growth over the medium term, Ireland must address challenges with regard to wage determination, increasing competition, and strengthening the medium-term basis of fiscal policy. Strengthening competition through privatization and regulatory reform are key to securing a high rate of sustainable growth in the medium term.
- Description based on print version record.
- International Monetary Fund
- Other format:
- Print Version:
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|