Canada [electronic resource] : 2009 Article IV Consultation: Staff Report; Staff Statement; and Public Information Notice on the Executive Board Discussion.
- Washington, D.C. : International Monetary Fund, 2009.
- IMF eLibrary
IMF Staff Country Reports; Country Report No. 09/162.
IMF Staff Country Reports; Country Report No. 09/162
- Government document
1 online resource (56 p.)
- Local subjects:
- Article IV consultation reports.
Bank holding companies.
Bank of canada.
Federal deposit insurance.
Foreign exchange market.
Government bond yield.
International financial statistics.
Loan loss provision.
Stock market index.
Tier 1 capital.
Treasury bond yields.
- The staff report on Canada’s 2009 Article IV Consultation examines economic developments and policies. Canadian banks have weathered the crisis better than major-country peers, but the credit cycle will be challenging, particularly given high household debt. Financial instability is a tail risk, but heightened vigilance is warranted. The Bank of Canada has appropriately loosened monetary policy, bringing the policy rate target to a record-low 1⁄2 percent. Macroeconomic policies have adopted an expansionary tilt, and authorities have taken steps to safeguard financial stability.
- Description based on print version record.
- International Monetary Fund
- Other format:
- Print Version:
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|