Belgium [electronic resource] : 2008 Article IV Consultation: Staff Report; Staff Supplement; and Public Information Notice on the Executive Board Discussion.
- Washington, D.C. : International Monetary Fund, 2009.
- IMF eLibrary
IMF Staff Country Reports; Country Report No. 09/87.
IMF Staff Country Reports; Country Report No. 09/87
- Government document
1 online resource (40 p.)
- Local subjects:
- Account deficits.
Article IV consultation reports.
Bank balance sheet.
Debt sustainability analysis.
Fiscal stimulus package.
Labor market policy.
Long-term fiscal sustainability.
Medium-term fiscal strategy.
Return on assets.
Return on equity.
- The global financial crisis has forced government intervention in major financial institutions in Belgium. This 2008 Article IV Consultation discusses that the boom in energy and food prices in early 2008 caused inflation to spike to well above the euro area average. Executive Directors have commended the authorities for their prompt and decisive intervention as the Belgian banking sector began to face severe pressure in September 2008. Directors have also encouraged the authorities to allow fiscal stabilizers to operate fully, and welcomed the moderate discretionary stimulus.
- Description based on print version record.
- International Monetary Fund
- Other format:
- Print Version:
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|