Fiscal Management of Scaled-Up Aid [electronic resource] Fletcher, Kevin.
- Washington, D.C. : International Monetary Fund, 2008.
- IMF eLibrary
- Government document
1 online resource (67 p.)
- Local subjects:
- Administrative classification of expenditure.
Allocation of expenditures.
Annual budget cycle.
Annual budget execution.
Budget classification system.
Budget execution process.
Central government budget.
Classification of expenditure.
Classification of expenditures.
Composition of public spending.
Debt relief initiative.
Dual budget system.
Efficiency of government expenditure.
Expenditure management reform.
Expenditure tracking surveys.
Financial management reform.
Financial management system.
Financial management systems.
Fiscal affairs department.
Fiscal policy formulation.
Fiscal policy framework.
Fiscal policy response.
Foreign interest payments.
Free trade zones.
General budget support.
Government finance statistics.
Managing public expenditure.
Medium-term budget framework.
Medium-term expenditure framework.
Medium-term expenditure frameworks.
Medium-term fiscal framework.
Medium-term fiscal frameworks.
Medium-term fiscal projections.
Multilateral debt relief.
Public expenditure management.
Public expenditure management reform.
Public expenditure reviews.
Public expenditure tracking.
Public expenditure tracking surveys.
Public financial management.
Public financial management reform.
Public financial management system.
Public financial management systems.
Strengthening budget execution.
Sustainable fiscal balance.
Treasury single account.
Congo, Democratic Republic of the.
- The international community has committed to scaling up aid and improving aid delivery to low-income countries to help them meet the Millennium Development Goals. Other ""emerging"" donors, public and private, are increasing their assistance, and debt-relief initiatives are creating space for new borrowing. Remittances to low-income countries have been on a precipitous rise, and many countries are benefiting from high commodity prices. Fiscal Management of Scaled-Up Aid explores approaches to the sound fiscal management that will be required to ensure effective and sustainable use of these flows. With a medium-term perspective and efficient use of resources in mind, this paper addresses questions that shape fiscal policy response to scaled-up aid. Drawing on IMF Fiscal Affairs Department technical assistance to member countries, it outlines factors that should be taken into account in preparing an action plan for public financial management reform and proposes specific measures that will assist countries in strengthening fiscal institutions.
- Description based on print version record.
- Adenauer, Isabell.
- Other format:
- Print Version:
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|