Mario Bellatin: El giro hacia el procedimiento y la literatura como proyecto.
- [Philadelphia, Pennsylvania] : University of Pennsylvania ; Ann Arbor, MI : ProQuest, 2014.
1 online resource (239 pages)
- Local subjects:
- Latin American literature.
Romance Languages -- Penn dissertations.
Penn dissertations -- Romance Languages.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- This dissertation studies the work of Latin-American writer Mario Bellatin as a paradigmatic example of a tendency in contemporary literature that I called the procedural turn. This notion comprehends a manifestation in the art of the last three decades where artists exhibit the creative process as an artistic product in itself while engaging in the design of alternative practices that challenge the limits between artistic fields and disciplines. Through the analysis of a corpus of selected books and performances by Mario Bellatin, I explore the procedural turn that manifests in his work; particularly through the poetics of literature as a project, where individual books are seen as unfinished manifestations of a wider performance. I study his works vis-a-vis other contemporary Latin American writers and representatives of twentieth century European avant-garde. I establish a dialogue between Bellatin's proposal and an artistic tradition that critically approaches material culture of literary products as well as notions of authorship and artistic community. I finally argue that Bellatin's poetic of procedures involves, ultimately, a notion of literary language as a generator not of discourses but of experiences.
- Source: Dissertation Abstracts International, Volume: 76-05(E), Section: A.
Adviser: Reinaldo Laddaga.
Department: Romance Languages.
Thesis Ph.D. University of Pennsylvania 2014.
- Local notes:
- School code: 0175.
- Laddaga, Reinaldo, degree supervisor.
University of Pennsylvania. Romance Languages.
- Contained In:
- Dissertation Abstracts International 76-05A(E).
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|