China from empire to republic [electronic resource] : missionary, sinology, and literary periodicals 1817-1949.
- Other Title:
- Missionary, sinology, and literary periodicals 1817-1949.
- Farmington Hills, Mich. : Gale Cengage Learning, 
Database & Article Index
1 online resource : color illustrations.
- Missionaries -- China -- History -- Databases.
China -- History -- Qing dynasty, 1644-1912 -- Databases.
China -- History -- Republic, 1912-1949 -- Databases.
China -- Politics and government -- Databases.
- A collection of 17 English-language periodicals published in, or about, China during a period of over 130 years, extending from 1817 until 1949 when the People's Republic of China was founded. This corresponds to the periods of the late Qing Dynasty and the Republican Era (1911-1949), when China experienced radical and often traumatic transformations from an inward-looking imperial dynasty into a globally engaged republic with modern approaches to politics, literature, education, public morality, and intellectual life.
- Description based on contents viewed on April 27, 2016; title from database homepage.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Rosengarten Family Fund.
Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Althea Hottel and Abraham S. Hottel, Jr. Fund.
- Gale Group, publisher.
Rosengarten Family Fund.
Althea Hottel and Abraham S. Hottel, Jr. Fund.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|