Affirming achievements in sobriety and drug abstinence [electronic resource].
- Other Title:
- APA PsycTHERAPY.
- [Washington, D.C.] : American Psychological Association, 2014.
1 streaming video file (38 min., 50 sec.)
- Drug abuse -- Prevention.
- Medical subjects:
- Substance-Related Disorders.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
- Streaming videos.
- In this session, Dr. G. Alan Marlatt works with a house manager of a recovery residence with over 6 years of sobriety. The client describes his management and support role at the sober house, at first focusing on a recent interaction he had with a resident that provoked anger in the client. In relaying his experiences as house manager and with others in recovery, the client reveals his issues with anger and impulse control problems. Dr. Marlatt explores the behavioral triggers that the client strives to deal with effectively while affirming the successes that the client has made in his commitment to his recovery. Through active listening and validation, Marlatt brings forth the client's accomplishments in managing his own recovery and all of the ways in which the client can support others in their recovery programs.
- Part of the APA PsycTHERAPY collection.
- Marlatt, G. Alan.
American Psychological Association.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|