Guide for the preservation of highway tunnel systems / Chester Allen, Martha Averso, Carrie Hargraves, Gannett Fleming, Inc., Camp Hill, PA, Susan McNeil, University of Delaware, Newark, DE.
- Washington, D.C. : Transportation Research Board, 2015.
- Report (National Cooperative Highway Research Program) ; 0077-5614 816.
Report (National Cooperative Highway Research Program)
129 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm.
- Tunnels -- United States -- Maintenance and repair.
- The guide explains how executives can incorporate and communicate capital funding needs for tunnel improvements as part of their overall transportation system funding. Additionally, the guide delivers a process for prioritizing needs, using an overall measure of effectiveness that is calculated using a risk-based urgency score, and developing capital funding and staffing programs to accomplish tunnel preservation goals. The guide also serves as a training tool for new personnel. The contractors final report is available from the project description page.
- chapter 1. Introduction to the guide
chapter 2. Description of tunnel assets
chapter 3. Establishing the asset management framework
chapter 4. Highway tunnel preservation actions
chapter 5. Measuring effectiveness of preservation actions
chapter 6. Prioritization of preservation actions
chapter 7. Implementation of preservation actions
Abbreviations and acronyms
appendix A. Description of tunnel types and systems
appendix B. Catalog of preservation actions
appendix C. Highway tunnel preservation prioritization flowchart
appendix D. Detailed example.
- At head of title: National Cooperative Highway Research Program.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Allen, Chester, author.
Averso, Martha, author.
Hargraves, Carrie, author.
McNeil, Susan, author.
National Research Council (U.S.). Transportation Research Board, issuing body.
National Cooperative Highway Research Program, sponsoring body.
American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials, sponsoring body.
United States. Federal Highway Administration, sponsoring body.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|