Work zone speed management : a synthesis of highway practice / consultants John W. Shaw, Madhave V. Chitturi, William Bremer, and David A. Noyce, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wisconsin.
- Washington, D.C. : Transportation Research Board, 2015.
- Synthesis of highway practice ; 482.
Synthesis of highway practice
137 pages : illustrations, maps ; 28 cm.
- Road work zones -- United States -- Management.
- This synthesis documents information regarding the current state of practice for work zone speed management. The report compiles data, procedures, techniques, and technical issues related to observing and comparing work zone speeds. The speed management measures have been organized into four categories: engineering, operational, enforcement, and public education and outreach. Information included in this study was acquired through a review of the literature, two surveys of state department of transportation representatives in all states, a compilation of state agency public information campaigns, and follow-up interviews with select survey respondents from several U.S. states and one Canadian province.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Chitturi, Madhav V., author.
Bremer, William, author.
Noyce, David A., author.
National Research Council (U.S.). Transportation Research Board, issuing body.
National Cooperative Highway Research Program, sponsoring body.
American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials, sponsoring body.
United States. Federal Highway Administration, sponsoring body.
- Other format:
- Online version: Work zone speed management.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|