Trinity / Leon Uris.
- New York : Bantam, 1977 c1976.
815 pages : maps ; 18 cm
- Ireland -- History -- Fiction.
Famines -- Ireland -- Fiction.
Ireland -- History -- 1837-1901 -- Fiction.
Ireland -- History -- Easter Rising, 1916 -- Fiction.
Easter Rising (Ireland : 1916)
- In a novel that spans the years 1840 to 1916, the author explores the origins of the present struggle in Northern Ireland. Annotation. The "terrible beauty" that is Ireland comes alive in this mighty epic that re-creates that Emerald's Isle's fierce struggle for independence. Trinity is a saga of glories and defeats, triumphs and tragedies, lived by a young Catholic rebel and the beautiful and valiant Protestant girl who defied her heritage to join him. Leon Uris has painted a masterful portrait of a beleaguered people divided by religion and wealth--impoverished Catholic peasants pitted against a Protestant aristocracy wielding power over life and death.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|