Race law : cases, commentary, and questions / F. Michael Higginbotham, Dean, Joseph Curtis Professor of Law, University of Baltimore School of Law.
- Fourth edition.
- Durham, North Carolina : Carolina Academic Press,  , ©2015
- Carolina Academic Press law casebook series.
Carolina Academic Press law casebook series
lxi, 793 pages : b illustration ; 27 cm
- Minorities -- Legal status, laws, etc. -- United States -- Cases.
Race discrimination -- Law and legislation -- United States -- Cases.
Minorities -- Legal status, laws, etc.
Race discrimination -- Law and legislation.
- Trials, litigation, etc.
The racial prejudices that judges share
Slavery, free blacks, and the constitution
The northern approach to free blacks
The southern approach to slavery and free blacks
Slavery, free blacks, and the United States Supreme Court
The beginning of the end of slavery
The Supreme Court's betrayal of reconstruction
Race and citizenship
Race, American indians, and sovereignty
The separate but equal doctrine
Expanding the separate but equal doctrine
Racial segregation and housing
Racial segregation and interstate commerce
Racial segregation and state action
Interpreting the separate but equal doctrine
Applying the separate but equal doctrine
The end of state-mandated segregation
Applying the brown rationale
Race conscious remedies
Maintaining racial inequity
Race, values, and justice Thomas
Race, values, and justice Alito
Race, values, and justice Sotomayor
Race and the administration of justice
Critical race theory
Race and hate speech
Race and language
- Includes bibliographical references (pages lvii-lxi) and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
- Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|