Agincourt : the fight for France / Ranulph Fiennes.
- First Pegasus Books hardcover edition.
- New York : Pegasus Books, 2015.
vii, 326 pages, 16 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations (chiefly color), maps, chart, genealogical tables ; 20 cm
- Fiennes, Ranulph, Sir, 1944- -- Family.
Fiennes, Ranulph, Sir, 1944-
Agincourt, Battle of (France : 1415)
Agincourt, Battle of, Agincourt, France, 1415.
Great Britain -- History -- Henry V, 1413-1422.
France -- History -- Charles VI, 1380-1422.
France -- Agincourt.
- On 25th October 1415, on a French hillside near the village of Agincourt, four men sheltered from the rain and prepared for battle. All four were English knights ancestors of Sir Ranulph Fiennes and part of the army of England's King Henry V. Across the valley, four sons of the French arm of the Fiennes family were confident that the Dauphin's army would win the day . . . Sir Ranulph Fiennes explains how his own ancestors were key players through the centuries of turbulent Anglo-French history that led up to Agincourt, and he uses his experience as expedition leader and soldier to give us a fresh perspective on one of the bloodiest periods of medieval history. With fascinating detail on the battle plans, weaponry, and human drama of Agincourt, this is a gripping evocation of a historical event integral to English identity. Six hundred years after the Battle of Agincourt, Sir Ranulph Fiennes casts new light on this epic event that has resonated throughout British and French history."
- The French Connection
The rise and rise of Eustace de Fiennes
Geoffrey de Mandeville and other fickle Fienneses
Intermarriage, bribery, temerity and indecision
Friends and Lovers
Wool, wine and war
The Buying of Broughton
So much Christian blood spilled
When men of good breeding think nothing of killing
Fair stood the wind for France
The actions of the tiger
Fiennes to the fore
A family at war
A Vaste Multitude Yielded Up in Death
La Mort de Fiennes
Another Fiennes loses his head for losing the War.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 301-302) and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Constance L. Rosenthal Book Fund.
- Constance L. Rosenthal Book Fund.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|